How to Assemble a Night Out
- Group of pals (a hot date works in a pinch)
- Rad ensemble
- Hearty appetite
1. Drill a path along Santa Monica Boulevard until you reach Laurel Hardware. Do not be misled: This is a restaurant (its name is an ode to the previous tenant) and, under the stewardship of industry vet John Rankin, a darn-good one.
2. Take measure of the rustic chic ambiance (Edison bulbs, creaky wood floors).
3. Clamp onto a communal table or private booth. Cubicle refugees linger over free Wi-Fi in the back lounge. Outdoorsy types head to the garden.
4. Solder shareable plates into one belt-busting order (blistered tomatoes with burrata, pizza merguez, strawberry rhubarb crumble).
5. Nail down a seat at the bar for a Gangster (cucumber vodka, fresh juiced watermelon, crushed ice).
6. Give thoughts of an early curfew the ax.
Laurel Hardware, 7984 Santa Monica Boulevard, at North Laurel Avenue, West Hollywood (323-656-6070).
Photo: Biz Urban Photography for DailyCandy