Since you don’t believe anything until it’s on paper, here are six reasons you’ll love Press: Works on Paper, a new gallery-esque boutique in Noe Valley.
1. Artists’ prints ranging from Mass Cline Press’s urban building sketches to Danielle Emerling’s stark black and white works.
2. Gorgeous letterpressed cards from Tabletop Made.
3. Hard-to-find art, photography, and architecture books (Esprit’s Graphic Work 1984-1986; a rare first edition of Bruce Weber’s first retrospective), as well as classic novels (the Hemingway collection).
4. Vintage staplers that add a shot of cool to any office.
5. Nifty writing utensils (stainless-steel Sharpies, Venus drawing pencils) that will make even nonverbal types want to whip out a journal or sketchbook.
6. Graphic-printed wrapping paper to make gifts pop even before they’re opened.
Still unconvinced? Just print out this email.
Press: Works on Paper, 3492 22nd Street, at Dolores Street (415-913-7156 or pressworksonpaper.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Press: Works on Paper